Ofsted inspected the school in February 2020. This was a routine inspection and was carried out to see if the school was still “Good” according to the Ofsted criteria.
The inspection saw three inspectors visit the school. They went to 30 lessons across five departments: English, Geography, History, Modern Foreign Languages and Science. They spoke to a large number of students, to teachers and members of the school’s leadership team as well as to Governors. It was an intensive two days.
I am very pleased that the inspection team agreed with our own assessment that Severn Vale remains a Good school. I was particularly pleased that they said:
- The school provides a calm, orderly environment in which pupils can learn
- Teachers have high expectations of what pupils can achieve
- Positive relationships between staff and pupils support pupils’ learning
- Teachers make learning interesting, and pupils are keen to take part
- Behaviour is good
- Pupils’ personal development is fundamental to the work of the school
- Pupils are happy at the school.
A full copy of the letter produced is available below and can be found on the Ofsted website.