Teaching Assistant - SEND (Behaviour)
Teaching Assistant – SEND
Grade F £21968 - £24496 (full time equivalent), per annum, qualified
Grade D £20812 – £21968 (Full-time equivalent), per annum, unqualified
Severn Vale School is an Academy which provides an inclusive secondary education for students aged 11-16, that delivers strong student outcomes through high quality teaching and outstanding pastoral care. The school is proud of its inclusive credentials and, in an area that has retained selection, subscribe instinctively to the comprehensive ideal.
We are seeking to recruit a qualified or an unqualified teaching assistant to work within our Inclusion Department. The role is to support students with a variety of learning and behavioural needs. The role will be term time only and hours can be negotiated.
We are looking for an individual who is looking to make a positive difference to the lives of young people and has the ability to gain trust from students. You will be working with young people with SEMH and behaviour challenges, to help them learn, develop their abilities and raise their self-esteem.
- Have a passion to help students achieve their full potential
- Be adaptable and have the ability to build relationships with young learners
- Preferably have experience of working with challenging young people and raising achievement
- Be resilient, pro-active and able to work as part of a team
In return we offer a comprehensive well-being provision including:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Funded counselling sessions including regular reflective supervision
- In-house menopause support group
- Long service awards
- Gym membership
- Funded flu vaccinations and sight tests
- A varied programme of well-being activities and club
Please apply by completing the support staff application form (available on the school website www.severnvaleschool.com) and return, with a covering letter, to email@example.com or by post to Lyn Woodrow, PA to Headteacher.
Closing date: 16 June, noon
Interview date: 23 June 2023
Start date: 1 September 2023
Severn Vale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory pre-employment checks. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) which requires you to disclose all spent convictions and cautions except those which are ‘protected’ under Police Act 1997 – Part V and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) and are not subject to disclosure to employers on DBS certificates and cannot be taken into account.