Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
Temporary Fixed Term, Part-time Contract - 0.5 FTE, until August 2022
Required for September 2021 (earlier if possible)
Severn Vale School is an Academy which provides an inclusive secondary education for students that delivers strong student outcomes through high quality teaching. The school is proud of its inclusive credentials and, in an area that has retained selection, subscribe instinctively to the comprehensive ideal. We are a popular and over-subscribed 11-16 academy who are increasing their pupil numbers from 235 to 265 on entry, which will increase the school size from 1175 to 1325 over five years.
We require, a keen, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of MFL who is able to teach both French and Spanish. You would be joining a supportive, well-resourced department. The position is part-time (50%) and temporary until August 2022. The start date is September 2021, but this can be earlier if possible.
There is a strong emphasis on raising achievement in creative, innovative ways and a genuine commitment to collaboration and professional development. This is a school that believes in ‘growing great teachers’. We have a very high staff retention rate and believe that our focus on staff - who are our greatest asset - is one of our strengths. To enable our teachers to thrive we have:
- no centralised teaching and learning policies, but increased time for departments to develop subject specific pedagogy
- no graded lesson observations or other QA activities – everything we do is developmental
- no “Ofsted speak” at all – we do what we do for our students and the school community
- a firm belief in “more feedback, less marking”
- limited data collections (once a year following summative assessments)
- a research and coaching based culture
- a centralised behaviour management system with high levels of support from senior leaders and superb pastoral teams
- time and space for staff to develop in a way which suits them as individuals
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory recruitment checks.
To apply please complete and return the application form together with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of application should outline why you would like to join the MFL team at Severn Vale School and what you could contribute to the further development of the subject. The letter should be no more than two sides of A4.
Prospective candidates are welcome to contact us / visit before making an application. Please contact us email@example.com to make an appointment.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2021
Interview Date: wb. 26th April 2021
Start Date: 1 September 2021 (or earlier if possible)